The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 14th annual competition for doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships in Palestinian Studies.
To be eligible for this competition, the following criteria must be met:
- The research project must make a contribution to Palestinian Studies. The research can be in any area of Palestinian Studies, including the humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health and sciences. Purely scientific research, however, is not eligible for this fellowship.
- The research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon.
- The research must take into account that the fellowship is for one year only.
- Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers, or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program
- Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time research commences. The fellowship does not cover tuition fees.
- Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic publication are also eligible. Applicants with a master's degree may only apply for a joint project with a post-doctoral scholar.
- Individual and joint research is eligible i.e. research can be done by a group of researchers.
- Women applicants are especially encouraged.
- PARC fellows who received grants in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
Award amounts will range from $3,000 to $6,500.
Interested candidates should send a pre-proposal via email to PARC Palestine by 30 October 2012. Pre-proposals must be in English.
Applicants will be notified by 30 November 2012 if their pre-proposal has been approved. Approved applicants will then be requested to fill out a detailed application and submit a full proposal. While research may be conducted in either Arabic or English, final full proposals must be in English. The Palestine Office will offer editorial assistance and advice, whenever possible, in developing full proposals. The deadline for this full proposal is 4 January 2013. Awards will be granted 8 March 2013.
Click on the box above to view the pre-proposal application and submission instructions.
You may also contact:
P.O Box 549, Emil Habibi St., 4th floor Al Nahdah Bldg., Almasyoon, Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tel: (02) 2974240